4 Bedroom Detached House
The Thatched Barn offers a purchaser the opportunity to own a wonderful four bedroom period home with a wealth of history, in a most enviable semi-rural location along a country lane within easy reach of the sought-after village of Smarden.
The conversion of this charming four bay Grade II Listed timber framed barn, thought to date back to the late 16th, early 17th Centuries, was completed in 2007 by the current vendors. The result ? a thoughtfully converted and beautifully presented spacious home that would suit any number of buyers.
Set within the heart of the Kent countryside, this barn enjoys an idyllic location and yet is still within easy reach of all the local amenities, making it both a tranquil place to live, but also convenient and accessible. Everything you need is just a short distance away including local shops and a number of lovely pubs and restaurants. There are several mainline stations close by and a good selection of schools in the area, in both the private and state sector. So, if you are a family looking for space and a countryside setting in which to bring up your children, or you would love to simply realise that dream of escaping to the country, without being isolated, then this could be the property for you.
* Beautifully presented Grade II Listed thatched barn
* Spacious four bedroom accommodation / two en-suites
* Good size garden and off-street parking
* Currently runs as a 5-star Holiday Let
* Accessible semi-rural location
* Close to local amenities (Smarden village centre less than a mile)
* Wide selection of schools (catchment for Ashford Grammars)
* High speed rail link from Ashford
* No onward Chain
Toggle the options below to discover local businesses in this area.
Value My Property